Au Pair Program
USAuPair’s program offers a unique opportunity to live in Argentina as an au pair.
Spend three months to one year learning the Spanish language, customs, and culture. Spanish is the third most spoken language in the world and is the official language of 21 countries.
- Participants must be at least 21 but younger than 30.
- A minimum of 200 hours caring for infants or children who are not relatives is required.
- Willing to get to know the Argentine culture and adjust to new surroundings and host family.
- Willing and able to help your host family learn and practice English.
- Mentally and physically healthy.
Au pairs in Argentina work 4-6 hours a day during the week. Duties may include:
- Providing childcare and doing light housework.
- Transporting children to and from school and activities.
- Practicing English with host family.
- Joining activities and games with the children.
- Traveling with host family.
What you can expect:
- Room and board provided by host family.
- Private room with furniture.
- At least two days off per week.
- A weekly stipend of 350 Argentine Pesos.
- One week paid vacation for every 6 months of service (two weeks for a year)
- The opportunity to travel.
- Negotiated contract with family provided by the agency.
Duties, hours, and expectations may vary from family to family. Au pairs need to be flexible and willing to integrate with their host family.