Families interested in the au pair program just need to follow the steps below. The visa process can be lengthy, so be sure to allow two to three months from time of application to arrival of au pair.
- Complete the USAuPair Interest form on our Web site (select your preferred arrival month) or download and print the Application Form from our Web site.
- Mail, fax or scan the Application Form along with application fee to USAuPair (check or credit card).
- Upon receipt of the completed application and fee, a USAuPair representative will contact you to arrange a family interview (all family members or persons living in the home must be present).
- Complete Host Family Interview Form with USAuPair representative, review and sign the Host Family Agreement.
- Have two reference forms completed and sent to USAuPair. Reference forms (Personal and Employment) may be downloaded from our Web site.
- Complete the Host Family Confidential Data form and send to USAuPair. This form is provided by the USAuPair counselor.
- Upon receipt of all forms, references and signed agreements, you gain access to USAuPair’s available applicants.
- Review dossiers and place a 24-hour hold on the applicant that interests you (no multiple holds).
- Call the applicant and conduct a telephone or Skype/webcam/audio interview.
- Either select the applicant for placement in your family or release the 24-hour hold and continue your search.
- Upon selection of your au pair, a deposit is due to confirm and secure the arrival of your au pair.
- Meet with your assigned community representative for an orientation meeting prior to your au pair’s arrival.
- Make travel arrangements for your au pair from Portland, OR to your home following the au pair workshop.
USAuPair has a monthly arrival schedule. During summer, arrival dates may be more frequent depending upon demand. If you have an urgent child care need, please call USAuPair. We may be able to expedite your application. However, additional fees may be incurred for this service.