USAuPair program fees include a full range of services and activities to support the au pair cultural exchange program. A host family interview is scheduled after the application fee is received.
|Application Fee*||$ 300.00||$ 300.00||$ 300.00|
|Program Fee||$ 6,550.00||$ 6,300.00||$ 6,050.00|
|Weekly Stipend for
|$ 195.75||$ 195.75||$ 195.75|
|Average Weekly Cost||$ 330.00||$ 325.00||$ 320.00|
|Education Allowance||Up to
1 Families who have been participants in other government au pair sponsored programs within the last two years and for one continuous year (as evidenced with a receipt from the agency) will receive a $250 discount when transferring to USAuPair.
2 USAuPair rewards families who continue with USAuPair when selecting their next au pair. A $500 discount is offered to families who have completed one full year with USAuPair.
3 Subject to change in accordance with Federal Minimum Wage Laws.
* Fees do not include travel from Portland, Oregon to host family, auto insurance or licensing fees to drive automobile. Education fees are applied to each au pair, including au pairs who change families and have not completed their education requirements.
|Deposit due upon selection
of au pair
|$ 2,600.00||$ 2,600.00||$ 2,600.00|
|Balance due 45 days prior
to au pair arrival in USA
|$ 3,950.00||$ 3,700.00||$ 3,450.00|
|Late Payment fee||$ 250.00||$ 250.00||$ 250.00|
|Expedite fee – if host family
has selected past due date
|$ 150.00||$ 150.00||$ 150.00|
Payments may be made by check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) with signed authorization to charge credit cards. Checks should be made payable to USAuPair, Inc. Host families are responsible for travel arrangements for their au pairs from Portland,Oregon to their home. Instructions regarding this process are sent to families prior to the au pair’s arrival to the US.All fees are subject to change. USAuPair program fees include a full range of services and activities to support the au pair exchange program. USAuPair staff and representatives work diligently to offer the following services.
- Application processing (family and au pair)
- Au pair recruitment and screening
- Interviews (family and au pair)
- Medical insurance (au pair)
- Background checks (family and au pair)
- Psychometric testing (au pair)
- Medical history and exam (au pair)
- English proficiency exam (au pair)
- Driving reference (au pair)
- Review of school transcripts (au pair)
- Reference checks (family and au pair)
- Document processing for visas
- Orientations (family and au pair)
- Travel arrangements
- 32-hour workshop on child development & safety
- Bank account set up and active
- Ongoing local support from USAuPair counselor
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff
- Monthly meetings, calls and activities (family and au pair)
- Two cultural events annually (January & July)
- 12-month program
In addition to the services mentioned above, our screening process includes detailed documentation on au pair applicants’ verifiable child care experience, a criminal background check, school transcripts, and more. Profiles of candidates who pass our screening process are reviewed and evaluated for host family compatibility.