USAuPair requires au pairs invest in their au pair cultural exchange program. This shows your commitment to the program and your future. Fees are presented to you on a fee schedule. The terms and conditions of fees are carefully explained.
Be advised, your host family pays for many of the expenses to facilitate your program participation. Au pairs who successfully complete their program year earn approximately $10,000 USD during their program year. Plus the host family contributes up to $500 USD for education tuition.
Au pair fees include:
- Visa fee – follow the instructions on the U.S. embassy web site in your country.
- SEVIS fee – follow the instructions on the U.S. embassy web site in your country.
- USAuPair program contribution fee – paid when your host family placement is confirmed.
- Agency fee – varies by country (based on country laws and economic environments).
USAuPair provides for:
- Medical insurance – no hidden fees to upgrade your medical insurance.
- Airfare to Portland, Oregon – no hidden surcharge on airfare to USA.
- 4 nights lodging at hotel in Lake Oswego, Oregon (includes continental breakfast).
- 4-day workshop on child safety and development (includes lunch).
- Transportation to your host family.
- Ongoing local support during your program year.
USAuPair will never ask you to wire money for a visa or airfare. If someone asks you to wire money for a visa or airfare, contact us directly.