The au pair program is a live and learn experience. It is an opportunity to understand American cultural lifestyles, beliefs, traditions, and language. You will make lifelong friends, gain confidence, mature, and face challenges.
The program offers you:
- Airfare to Portland, Oregon.
- Travel to your host family home,
- 4 nights at Hotel during au pair workshop,
- Light continental breakfast plus lunch during USAuPair workshop on child development and safety,
- Medical insurance,
- Private bedroom and meals at host family home,
- Weekly wage of $195.75 US (51 weeks),
- Up to $500 US contribution toward education,
- Two weeks vacation,
- One free weekend each month (Friday evening to Monday morning),
- 1.5 days off each week,
- Program support from local USAuPair representative,
- Monthly meetings with USAuPair representative and other au pairs.
USAuPair representatives support au pairs. They can offer advice with culture shock, homesickness, and communication. The counselors also arrange fun monthly meetings with other au pairs in your area.
Au pairs who successfully complete their programs may extend their program; or they may use a 30-day visa grace period to explore America before returning to their home country.
Extension requests are six, nine or twelve months.
Complete our online form, and one of our representatives will contact you with more information.