If you believe cultural exchange programs help promote better relations and understanding among nations, countries and cultures, you are encouraged to contact USAuPair.
A community representative (CR) provides au pairs and their host families with information, guidance and support during program participation. Responsibilities include interviewing host families for program suitability, conducting orientations with host families and au pairs, and maintaining regular monthly contact. A CR’s role is to ensure program participants are following regulatory guidelines and USAuPair policies.
A community representative is a person who:
- enjoys working with people
- is a self-starter and can work independently
- has experience or interest with cultural exchange
- is familiar with cultural shock, homesickness and communication
- can solve problems or mediate when necessary
- can work with a diverse group of people
- understands the dynamics of child care needs in busy families
- is reliable, dependable, flexible
- completes light administrative reports in a timely manner
- maintains a professional manner with families and au pairs
If you have the above attributes, we encourage you to fill out the following form.
Current counselors: Please check counselor blog frequently for updates on au pair program and regulations.